Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Slubby flower brooch

I had 26g of Colinette Point 5 yarn in a gorgeous deep purple. This yarn is beautiful, it’s 100% wool and is slubby.

This kind of yarn makes for really interesting work because the different thicknesses throughout mean that no two stitches will be identical. I love using it to make accessories. When you make a simple single crochet or half double crochet pattern it creates an almost woven effect and in more complex patterns the thick/thin contrast causes a really unique effect.

This time I had a little amount that I though would be just enough to make a brooch ….




…. and I was right! I made a five petal flower with a 9mm hook and to finish it off I embellished the center with a cute painted wooden button.

 
 


The clasp is attached to the brooch with a purple felt back.



6 comments:

  1. Amazing brooch, Love the color you used!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This flower brooch is simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your work is wonderful, congratulations. Besos desde España.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love your blog!! Thank you so much for sharing this week at A Bouquet of Talent. So happy to have you, and I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Elisabeth,
    Beautiful brooch! Love the color!
    Besitos de Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridal jewelry sets are worn to match each outfit. Brides look resplendent in their Indian bridal wear though all the pet houses jewelry worn is not necessarily pure gold.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...