Thursday, December 6, 2012

Granny blanket

These last few days I've made a start on my first granny square project. I've made granny squares before but this is my first real project. I've got some stashed DK cotton yarn in a bright yellow and fuchsia and I started making squares:


If I've got enough yarn I'd like to make it into a blanket and if not I'll make it smaller and call it a lapghan :)


Look at all those ends I've got to weave in! I should make a start now, if I leave it all until I've finished all the squares I'll never finish it I know!

Other than that I've washed and blocked the shawl I've made for my mum and here it is:




4 comments:

  1. I was also planning to start a blanket, and also had the same square pattern in mind. but i'm still too busy with Christmas gifts and decorations.
    shawl turned out so pretty! your Mum will love it:)
    take care,
    Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty squares! Lovely colors ! Lapghan is a good idea;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks promessing...
    Have a nice weekend.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elisabeth, I'm here seeing their work and loved this project, I do not know how it will look, but probably will be very beautiful, as everything you do, hugs and ten ha a great week.

    http://crochesartesanatosvanda.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...