Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Flowers, pineapples and shawls

I got given a two shawls for Christmas and I wanted to show them to you today:
 

This first one is really fine, cotton wrap. It's made with the thinnest yarn and would have needed a thin steel hook (the  kind I hate using!) to make. It'll be great as a summer cover up.


There are so many flowers on it and each one is so intricately made. Just four colours of yarn were used, but the way the flowers are laid out makes it look like more.

 
It is a fairtrade product so I hope whoever made this beautiful piece received what they were owed for all the hours of work that would have gone into making something like this.
 

This next shawl was made for me by my mum:


This is more of a Winter shawl so I'm enjoying using it already :)

 
I really like the pineapple stitch in shawls and cowls because it looks so complicated.


This shawl is made with 100% alpaca yarn so it's super soft and warm.

I've got a new box to hide my stash in too! I've seen on some blogs the 2013 destash challenge and I think I'm going to sign up for it because my stash is getting a bit out of control. I've got a set of 6 drawers, a big plastic box and now this new cardboard box full of yarns!

 
I love cats so when I saw the box I loved it. But even though it's cute from the outside, it's even better when you see what's inside....
 
....yarn, yarn, yarn! :)

21 comments:

  1. I love both shawls they are beautiful, but the floral one is just so unusual and gorgeous!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I also do yours follower, We are in contact
    greetings pillar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elisabeth! Thank you for visiting! Both shawls are gorgeous! The one with the flowers is so amazing! Your mom crotchets beautifully too, and the yarn she used sounds wonderful! The kitty box is perfect for your yarn sweetie! I hope you have a beautiful day too! Have fun with your granny square blanket! Love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - I love BOTH of these shawls! SO beautiful! And I bet you feel so special in the one your Mom made. Doesn't it feel great to organize like you've done - I've been on a storage rampage since September, last. Your box is wonderful...Happy week, Elisabeth! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mooi,,,, die sjaals, heerlijk als je dat kunt
    tineke
    bollies53.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great presents. Isn't fun to get presents ? Even more when the person who gives it to you really knows what you love :)
    Thank you for visiting my blog. I love your blog and now I'm a follower. I'll for sure be coming back to visit you often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them both especially your Mum's one. The box is great too with all the goodies inside. Thanks for sharing.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful delicate work Elisabeth, I especially love the red shawl, very clever mum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful works, Elizabeth! You just remind me, that I have a scarf similar to the first one, my mum bought it for me, when I was around 17. It is on my parents' house and I will definitely look it up, now I would like to wear again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not seen that pineapple stitch before and I love it. But I must not be distracted from my BIG blanket just now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your shawls what fabulous presents!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful gifts, all of them!!!
    xxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Elisabeth! Both shawls are wonderful! I liked very much the one your mom made, fabulous color selection and pattern!:)
    well...i also need to organize my yarn and craft supplies better, so will think of an option of a box or bucket :)
    Have a great day!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to keep supplies for crochet to first crochet a bowl:)i saw such in many blogs but never tried. I think that yarn has to be quiet bulky to make it firm.

      Delete
  14. Love the shawls, particularly the red one ! Lovely !
    What the 2013 destash you will sign up for ?? I might join you in that :-))

    Have a geat crochet day !
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for following me. I am now following you. So glad i found you . Your blog is great......xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. georgius !
    les deux chales sont sublimes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, very lovely and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your are a very lucky lady! I love both of the shawls. The colors are beautiful!

    Eileen :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Olá,
    Gostei dos dois xales, amo muito!
    O de flores - linha preta é diferente, super agradável ao calor que faz aqui no Brasil.
    Abraços.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...