Monday, January 28, 2013

Stash busting and 100 followers!

The stash buster challenge has already had a good effect on me. This weekend I organised and wrote down everything in my stash. And it took ages! After writing down all that I have I've got to say that I really need to take part in this challenge!

Here is my stash list:

  
After adding everything up I have a total stash of over 11 and a half kilos! I have been building it up for quite a while but that is a lot of yarn and I really am committed to working through it this year!

My first project is the granny square blanket/lapghan/throw I wrote about last week. I've worked on it over the weekend and it's starting to grow.


I've weaved in all the ends and have joined all of the squares I've made so far together. I've also started the edging in a reverse single crochet (double crochet in UK terms):

 
I love that kind of stitch, it's great for edgings. Anyway, so far I have managed to bust 202 grams of my stash :)
 
I finished some gift tags that came as a free gift with Craft Seller magazine last year too:

 
Before I go I wanted to say a BIG thank you to everyone who is following me. I've made it to 100 followers and I am so proud to have reached that milestone! So thank you to each and everyone of my followers :)

14 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with your list! I agree - I think the challenge will be addictive!
    I'll have to look up that stitch - looks cool!
    Congratulations on your century too!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100 followers sweetie, love your blog :)

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting to 100 followers, and also on some successful stash busting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for following my blog.

    I love the gift tags - so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a Stash Buster thing years back...decded that I could buy no more fabric for quilts until I used what I had...I can't even tell you how many quilts I actually made that year (OK, 7, and they weren't baby quilts - they were big!) from what I had on hand. I actually blame the reason for the stash in the first place on my friend who owned a quilt store at the time...and her favorite quote: Every new quilt deserves new fabric! Looks like your on a great start to busting that stash! Happy Monday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice stash list! I keep wanting to sit down and make a binder out of all mine, but I haven't found the patience yet. ;)

    That's a really cute blanket, and I love Nesting Dolls, so I really like the gift tags!

    Keep up the Stash-Busting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm your 102nd follower! I'm starting to love crochet blogs ever since I learned how to do it. Your blog is very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you, your blog is lovely. Good luck on your challenge,
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good good luck with your challenge and congrats on reaching this milestone. Looking forward to catching you up soon!
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Elisabeth! Congrats on your milestone, we all know how it feels:)
    I'm also working on a blanket, but made only 6 squares so far and have no clue how to arrange them, and whether I shall make more color combinations or stay with 6 :)
    Russian dolls tags look great! Loving the idea.
    Have a nice week!
    Hugs,
    Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your 100 followers! +2 more while I am commenting :) You are going great with your stash buster challenge. All the best !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats for your 100 followers !!! You deserved...Love you little tags...
    Have a great day !
    Anna
    ps : I can't comment your "stash" list beacause I don't understand what it is...

    ReplyDelete
  13. How recognizable! I have a huge stash as well and craftwise I had 2 new years resolutions: use up my stash, before buying new yarn and finish off my too many 'works-in-progress'. Your granny's look lovely and so do your tags, I love Matrushka's. Thanks for visiting my blog Elisabeth! Kind regards, Floortje

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...