Thursday, January 31, 2013

Twit twoo.....and a visit to an English country town

This morning I saw a lovely tutorial to make a Little owl decoration on Bunny Mummy's blog. The tutorial is really, really well written and easy to follow so this afternoon I sat down and had a go:
 
 
Ahhhh isn't she a cutie?
 
 
 
I think she looks great hanging on our bed, I'm fairly sure my husband won't though!
 
Other than the owl, today I'm going to post some photos of a town called Brignorth. It's really close to where I am from originally and when we went back to visit my family this christmas we went there for a day.
 
It's a really lovely town on the River Severn in Shropshire and it dates back to 1101.
 
 
It had been raining a lot in the days before our visit so the river was really high.
 
The town itself is split into two parts, the high town and the low town, and they are joined by a funicular railway:
 

This photo is what is left of the castle there:



We had lunch at the oldest pub in the town, The Swan, which dates all the way back to 1392! It was great to enjoy such beautiful countryside and history together.


14 comments:

  1. Ooooh she's gorgeous -I'm sure Squinty would swoon! Popped into Bridgnorth on one of the few hot days we had last summer, on the way back from a day trip to Much Wenlock (fantastic wool shop, cake shop, book shop and Abbey!)Lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence - a couple of hours earlier I posted about the owl I've made using the same tutorial! It's so cute and easy isn't it.
    Brignorth looks lovely, and I'd love to ride on a funicular railway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhh - I love the greens in your landscapes - especially the last gorgeous photo...and the rocks!!! And the tiny owl is absolutely adorable - I would leave it until your hubby takes it down. :-) XOXO Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the owl, and thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Elizy! Cute owl! Liked how you made it's eyes:) well, husbands tend to resist the cuteness of any crochet work :) but deep in their heart, they love what we do :)
    These pictures reminded of Hogsmeade :) I LOVE such cities, cozy, old, beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute owl ! And beautiful pictures !
    Have a cozy weekend.
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erg leuk, en mooie foto,s
    Tineke
    bollies53.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful pictures !!

    thank you for your compliments :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice blog!! I just joined yours and thank you for joining mine!! What beautiful pictures of your country you showing here!! I had a girlfriend that went to Spain because her sister and brother in law were running a McDonald's over there!! At least that is what she told all of us! I will cruise around and see some of your beautiful work! Also feel free to join my FB page if you would like www.facebook.com/pages/Sanderellas/130458323764353 would love to see you there....lots of cute things and instruction from so many crocheters!! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. your owl is a cutie indeed! I laughed at the bit where you said "sure my husband won't though" - I get lots of bemused looks from mine about my crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute owl and what a beautiful town ! I bet ou had lots of fun.
    Thank you for visiting me n following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute little owl! And lovely photos too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...