Yesterday I posted a picture of one of my wips and today I can show you the finished item!
I used a pattern from the lovely blog color n cream. The pattern is for a pot holder but I slightly changed it. I only made one side instead of two. I added in a round of shells and then on the final round I used only 6 stitches instead of 10 to make the petals turn upwards.
I wanted to make a doily for my new lamp. The base of the lamp is not very smooth and I didn't want to risk it scratching my desk so I put a cloth under it.
Not very pretty:
So I decided a little touch of crochet was called for:
Much better! :)
The only thing I dislike about working with several different colours or types of yarn are all of the fiddly ends that need to be sewed in at the end...