Thursday, February 21, 2013

Stash busting

 After my stash busting fail a couple of weeks ago where I ran out of yarn for a baby dress, my mum came to the rescue and went to the shop I got the yarn from earlier this year when I was visiting England, bought another ball of it and posted it to me.
 
It arrived on Monday and I only had a little bit left to do and I finished it in an hour yesterday evening:
 
 
I'm running down my button stash at the moment too and these little lemon buttons were a great match for the yarn:
 
 
Also included in the package with the yarn were these goodies:
 
 
I've always fancied having a hook gauge and the hook sizes printed on my KnitPro hooks are starting to wear off (through over use!) so now I can double check when in doubt.
 
The hat I blogged about here should have had a pompom attached to it but my attempts didn't go too well so I left the hat pompomless. Well, I had a go with the new pompom set and look:
 
 
I'm so pleased with that hat now it's got that finishing touch :)
 
And look how healthy we were the other night...
 
 
...we ate the bargain fruit from the other day and a colourful salad! If only we did that every day :)

15 comments:

  1. The little dress is so sweet and those pom pom makers are very useful - I wouldn't be without mine!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love knitted clothing, I am working on becoming a knitter, it's not easy for me. Love the little hat!! Poms make everything better, don't they!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is perfect, and the little pom pom hat ROCKS (and I see my Vegas friend, Jackie, up there!) She eats healthy like that, ALL the time...me, not so much. The food looks delicious. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty dress and love the pompom! Aren't mums great?!
    Your healthy meal looks cool too!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress it's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet Mum you have to send you what you needed. The dress is adorable. I just bought a needle sizer today, I have the same problem you do with the wearingoff of the sizes.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huum, I just got my patchwork rulen on the post today, nos I think I mighty need sizer for my crochet too. . .and oh! That pom pom maker !
    The dress is sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty dress, and I love the pompom on the hat - just right :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mums are so sweet :-). Your little dress is wonderful!! And the pompom turned out very well, super.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress is really pretty and loving your pom pom!! The salad looks pretty tasty too. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, your mum is really nice :)

    The dress turned out beautifully! And the hat is very sweet too, I love the pompom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. are those pom pom makers worth it? I've always just used two bits of cardboard cut into circles...

    great little dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The little dress is so cuuuute ! The hat too...I'm finishing a little dress too...jolie coïncidence...
    Have a great weekend.
    Hug
    Anna
    ps your salad looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  14. que vestido mas ideal! un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous little baby dress and I love the colour. Babies don't seem to be dressed in colours any more, nor hand made. The recipient will look very pretty in this. Have a great weekend.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...