Sunday, March 17, 2013

Clover, Guinness and.....paella

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
 
I've used today as an excuse to make a little crochet clover leaf: 
 
 
It only took 10 minutes and because it's so small and made of cotton I didn't even need to block it!
 
The pattern came from a great book called 100 flowers to knit and crochet by Lesley Stanfield:
 
 
The book has lots of patterns for leaves, fruits and vegetables so it's not just flowers! It was a Christmas gift and today was the first time I made one of the patterns.
 
And after that we went out to an Irish bar near where we live that we saw months ago but had never been inside before
 
 
had some typical Irish Guinness
 
 
....with a not so typically Irish tapa....
 
 
 
paella!
 
And carrying on with the food theme, look at these strawberries we bought yesterday:
 
 
It's definitely strawberry season here in Spain now and there are delicious strawberries in all the supermarkets/fruit shops. I couldn't resist buying such a big box of yummy looking strawberries and look how big some of them are:
 
 
They are so sweet too and after bringing that huge box home we've got our snacks/desserts for the next 3 days or so :)
 
I bought this crochet magazine earlier this week. It's a 'crochet around the home' special and there were strawberries here too.
 
 
I saw some more beautiful spring flowers growing too:
 
 
 
Have a lovely Sunday!

13 comments:

  1. And happy St. Paddy's Day to you! Looks like you are all set to celebrate the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten minutes of time well spent, I say! The clover ROCKS - I think I shall have a Guiness today too...Happy St. Patrick's Day, Elisabeth...Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too, Elisabeth :) Looks like you are having a great day.
    Love the crochet clover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy St Paddys day to you, I wish I could join you with a pint of Guinness...yummy! Looks like you are having a great day.

    I love your clover, it looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Grandmother was Irish and I would love to visit Ireland one day.
    I love the last picture of the spring flowers, it would make a lovely embroidered card.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy St. Paddy's Day, looks like you celebrated by having a great time.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy St Patricks day. I love the clover leaf. I might have to have a look for that crochet book as it looks very good. Glad you enjoyed your meal.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crocheted shamrocks are lovely. Happy St Patricks day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Irish Paella - yum!! That little shamrock is so sweet - I can see it on a pin prettying up a plain cardigan or jacket. Glad you have enjoyed your day x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracias por tu comentario!
    Hermoso tu trébol! Y las frutillas...impresiona su tamaño! qué ricas son!! =)
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a big fan of Guiness, but oh those strawberries! They look sooo yummy.
    Happy Sunday & have a great week
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy St. Paddy's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is adorable!! My signiture piece is clovers, or monkeys, or peace signs...oh never mind...I like them all! But that clover is too cute! Loved your shawls in the past posts, wow, you are so busy I cannot keep up! I may have to take up crochet seeing how fast you can make stuff! I love instant gratification!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...