Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pascua shawl and earrings

 Happy Tuesday everyone! How's your week going so far?
 
Here's one of my new shawls hot off the hook :)
 
 
 
I actually finished it over Easter so I called it Pascua which means Easter in Spanish.
 
I saw something I though was a really good idea a couple of weeks back in a new store:

 
A jewellery hanger that is just like a regular clothes hanger.
 
 
Here it is with some earrings I made a couple of weeks back. They are the same color as the shawl :)
 
 
I don't really like the color of the hanger and I'm thinking of painting nail polish on it or crocheting around it to give it a different look. What do you think? Should I leave it as it is or do one of those two things?
 
Talking of nail polish, I'm still amazed at all the different things I see on pinterest when it comes to nail art and it's inspiring me to try different things.
 
I have my nails like this at the moment:
 
 
It feels like a real spring look :) We've gone from winter to summer in two days here in Madrid. On Friday it was cold and I had my winter coat on and then by Sunday we'd reached 26 degrees! I feel like I blinked and missed spring!

20 comments:

  1. Your shawl is beautiful, as always! I love that color!
    Here in Lisbon it's the same, these last years we didn't have real Spring or Fall, Summer begins in April or May and ends in early November.
    Maybe we'll go to the beach this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shawl! I don't think I would use nail polish to paint the clothing hanger, I would use metal spray paint I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a pretty shawl! :)
    You can try acrylic paints on the hanger, not sure, if that works. Try some metallic color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work on the shawl! I love the earring hanger, too. I agree with Barbara, a metal spray paint would work the best on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful shawl! The jewelry holder is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello

    Beautiful shaw, I love the colour.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - ANOTHER beautiful shawl from you, and I can't even seem to get my house cleaned, lately! Love the jewelry hanger - a spray paint can would make faster work of changing the color for you, instead of painting it with nail polish! Love the nails, too - Happy Spring, Elisabeth...Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful shawl! The jewelry hanger is a great idea. I think if you were to paint it, I would use spray paint. Much quicker than nail polish!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shawl, I love red, I love the hanger idea and your nails are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful. My daughter is really impressed and now wants one! The hanger is such a great idea, and so tidy!! Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shawl again!! I have started one, my first testing testing 1,2,3... not from a pattern so struggling, it's an addiction already, haha. First one, will never be as beautiful as yours but you have to start somewhere:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shawl, Elisabeth, you are so clever!! And the earrings are gorgeous. Love the jewellery hanger, very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love you shawl ! The hanger, very useful and the earring beautiful !
    Have a great day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beautiful shawl, and I really love the colour.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  15. HOLA, COMO STAS? TUS TRABAJOS SON HERMOSO, TE FELICITO, QUE DIOS BENDIGA TU CREATIVIDAD.. AHORA TE SIGO, VISITAME TAMBIÉN, SIEMPRE SERAS BIENVENIDA.. ANIMATE.. BESOS, ABRAZOS Y BENDICIONES.
    ZHOBEYD@....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amei de paixão conhecer o seu blog e achei lindo, maravilhoso! Me visite:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your shawls are ever so lovely !! And you are the reason why my next project on the line is to make a shawl for myself. I'm between 2 patterns from Raverly and have to decide yet, but I will let you know soon.

    Have a nice day !
    xEva

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...