Remember my plain bucket from the other day? Well, it's not so plain anymore!
Here is my new yarn bucket in all its glory:
This is how it was before:
I wasn't even that sure about making any changes to it, but once I started I decided to go all out and prettify the whole thing!
Take a piece of rope that was far from being pretty:
Get my never ending stash of pink dk cotton yarn and start crocheting around the rope:
I did single crochet along the length of the rope, threaded it through the holes on the side of the bucket and knotted. Once I'd done that I twisted the length of single crochet to give a twisty effect to the handle:
The handle was looking prettier but I didn't like the knots so I made a couple of button flowers to cover them up:
And glued them on:
But look at the messy inside of the bucket and the boring edge. Yuk!
This led me to....
Steps Three and Four
Two lengths of braid to stick to the edges and I got out my fabric stash and cut a piece to cover the bottom of the bucket:
Nearly finished :)
All that was left now was to make a big crochet flower to stick on the side
And here's another after photo:
After doing this I've been looking at all the other plain things we've got around the home and wondering what I could do to make them prettier with crochet!