Monday, June 3, 2013

Prettifying step by step

Remember my plain bucket from the other day? Well, it's not so plain anymore!
 
 
Here is my new yarn bucket in all its glory:
 
 
 
 
This is how it was before:
 
 
 
 
I wasn't even that sure about making any changes to it, but once I started I decided to go all out and  prettify the whole thing!
 
 
Step one
 
 
Take a piece of rope that was far from being pretty:
 
 



Get my never ending stash of pink dk cotton yarn and start crocheting around the rope:


 
 
I did single crochet along the length of the rope, threaded it through the holes on the side of the bucket and knotted. Once I'd done that I twisted the length of single crochet to give a twisty effect to the handle:
 
 
 
Step Two
 
The handle was looking prettier but I didn't like the knots so I made a couple of button flowers to cover them up:
 
 
 
 
And glued them on:
 
 
 
 
But look at the messy inside of the bucket and the boring edge. Yuk!
 
 
This led me to....
 
 
Steps Three and Four


 
 
Two lengths of braid to stick to the edges and I got out my fabric stash and cut a piece to cover the bottom of the bucket:
 

 
 
Nearly finished :)
 
 
Step Five
 
 
All that was left now was to make a big crochet flower to stick on the side
 
 
 
 
And here's another after photo:
 



After doing this I've been looking at all the other plain things we've got around the home and wondering what I could do to make them prettier with crochet!

30 comments:

  1. Such a lovely idea!
    Hi! I'm Nina. I wonder if you would like we follow each other as we have a lot of interests in common!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantasticno!!
    Super si ulepsala,svaki detalj na pravo mesto!!
    Sad ce sve u kuci da promeni izgled,cekam da vidim.:)
    Pozdrav!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cute! I really like how you did the handle, very clever!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elisabeth, I'm so happy!
    Thanks dear for accepting my invitation.
    Here I am, following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea Elisabeth, now your bucket looks the bizz. It is so bright and full of inspiration xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea Elisabeth. It looks so pretty.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a transformation! I love it! Yarn can jazz anything up, eh?
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking project. Love your blog. I am crocheting too Jo x

    http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Te ha quedado genial!!!!!!!!!!
    Besos pilar

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very cute, and definitely much better than the plain before version!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very pretty transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so gorgeous, I really love the transformation.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a lovely job with it Elisabeth - I've been 'hanging out' wondering how it would look after you'd given it your wonderful crochet treatment and I'm very impressed with the result, well done! Total makeover!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bucket looks beautiful. You have a wonderful place to keep your yarn now. Pretty to look at, pretty to use.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. a very cute and clever idea! more please!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect with all your favorite colors !
    Have a nice day !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Que cosas tan bonitas que haces, yo no se hacer ganchillo y os admiro a las que sabéis hacer cosas tan lindas con las lanas.
    Gracias por visitar mi blog y así darme la oportunidad de conocer el tuyo.
    Besicos, Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  18. How creative, Elisabeth, I love your prettyfied yarn bucket :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. PRETTIFIED it IS!!! Lots of work with DARLING results - Love it, Elisabeth - Happy Wednesday - XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Que trabajo tan bonito y original!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice work !!! Very clever and inventive !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, how lovely is this. Cheers for visiting my blog. I have just started following you through Friend Connect.

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. it's lovely Ali, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I mean Elisabeth, been trying to catch up with everyone tonight and I don't know if I'm coming or going haha

      Delete
  24. Está muy bonito con el ganchillo, es una monada.
    Bss.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great idea, I like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely idea. Thanks for the tutorial. Much appreciated. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty - great upcycling! Thanks so much for linking up on Hooking on Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...