Friday, July 19, 2013

Here kitty, kitty! ....and a summer recipe

I found a link to a really cute pattern this week. It's for a amigurumi cat and kitten - now if you stop by my blog often you'll know I love cats :) So when I saw this pattern I had to give it try!
 
I used up some cotton yarn from my stash and here he is making friends with a gift my mom gave me last year:
 
 
 
 
 
 
And checking out my blog:


 
It's a really simple pattern and fast to make. You can find it clicking here.
 
~
 
The other part of my post today is about some summer food. When it's really hot I don't like to eat much more than salad and fruit but that gets boring after a while and I am always looking for cold recipes to try out.
 
With a few simple ingredients you can make a really yummy dish:
 
 
 
Smoked salmon, King prawns, avocado, lime. I also added a bit of onion, olive oil, salt and pepper.
 
All you have to do is chop up all the ingredients, mix them together in a bowl, leave to marinade for a couple of hours and then eat and enjoy!
 
 
 
Yum
 
 
yum
 
 
yum!
 
Have a lovely weekend everyone!
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I love your little cat, very sweet.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elizabeth
    Must try that recipe all I want to eat is salad just too hot for anything else. This will make a nice alternative.
    Cutie cat and I also like the gift your mother gave you...nice ...very nice :-)

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your recipe sounds delicious and may have to be on the menu this weekend. I love the cat too.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that kittie! Mmmmm, the recipe sounds good. Quick and easy plus I love avocados. Will definitely be trying it. Thank you for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very cute kitty! I am going to keep your recipe in mind, I love salmon and avocados!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that does sound and look very yummy - thanks for sharing the recipe. And your little kitty is sooo sweet too!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little kittykat Elisabeth - beautifully made! And oh yummy, that food looks so good and light and easy to eat in hot weather - I do a similar thing with a tin of tuna and it makes lovely sandwiches - just add a little mayonnaise to the mix to bind it!
    I hope your weekend is wonderful!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both, Elisabeth! Just shared this in my FB page, Garden Chef. https://www.facebook.com/GardenchefsNeedleAndPen
    I saw an Elizy Art page in FB. I wonder if you own it?
    A great weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the cat! He is just adorable! That meal looks really good too, I love both shrimp and avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I love your blog always has nice things here, beijokas ...

    http://www.titacarre.com
    http://vitrine.elo7.com.br/titacarre

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute kitty and love your supper dish. My kind of food.
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving you little kitty he is soooo cute!! As for that lovely avocado and fish, my kinda food and it looks delish! Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a very lovely weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH that kitty is toooo cute! and the dish looks like something you would get in a gourmet restaurant! Well done my friend, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute cat !!! Your dish seems delicious...
    Have a great and cool weekend !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute cat Elisabeth! Your recipe sounds delicious - lots of my fave tastes there!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The recipe looks too pretty to eat! But that kitty cat...presh-usss! I love him! (her?)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute cats! And that recipe - I am so making it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...