Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Remember, remember

Hi everyone!
 
My post today has 3 parts to it.
 
Part 1
 
Christmas gift number 2:
 
 
Following on from my first christmas gift post last week, here is another one.
 
This one was made to order. I got a request to make a shawl for the friend of a family member and this is what I made.
 
It's the Elise pattern again and the yarn is merino angora. The softest yarn in the world!
 
 
~
 
Part 2
 
 
 
 
I've been winding up some skeins of yarn into balls....and taking photos of it :)
 
 
I can't wait to start making something with this yarn.
 
It's a silk dk blend and the colours are so bright. I've got 200g of it and I'm thinking about making a scarf with it. What would you suggest?
 
~
 
Today (or tonight) is Bonfire Night. Guy Fawkes night is commemorated in the UK to remember the failed plot to kill King James in the House of Lords.
 
Remember, remember the 5th of November.
 
I have always loved the celebration of Bonfire Night and it is the one day of the year I really miss 'home'.
 
This made me start to look  through some photos i took when visiting England this summer and have made a few flower montages to show you:
 
 
All of the photos were taken in my parents garden.
 
 
~
 
Tomorrow my blog will be one year old! I can't believe how quickly the time has flown since I started blogging.
 
I will be holding my first ever giveaway to celebrate my blogiversary, so check back tomorrow so see what the prize will be!
 
~
 
Have a lovely day!
 
xoxox

21 comments:

  1. Funny as I was writting a comment here when you commented on my blog, ha,ha.
    Love your delicate shawl, so lovely ! The grey colour is so soft and wearable !
    xEva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shawl! Love the colorful ball of yarn! Love the garden photos!!! And Happy Birthday to your blog!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful ! The shawl is gorgeous !
    The flowers too...
    Have a nice day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shawl and the ball of yarn is so pretty.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl is beautiful, and I am sure that the recipient will love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shawls always look so good. Do you block them? and where do you block something that big?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shawls are always so beautiful, I love this one it looks so soft and delicate.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. un chal precioso!! una lana ideal con la que seguro nos sorprendes con un trabajo genial!! y unas flores maravillosas en el jardin de tus papis!!! un besito.maria.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shawl, what a beautiful gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, fireworks night is in full swing right now and I am comforting my poor dog. Congratulations on your blog anniversary!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary! Enjoy your fireworks night. The shawl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love the Elise shawl Elisabeth and that yarn is adorable! The blooms from your parents garden are so beautiful, adding such brightness to what is an unexpectedly wet and dull morning here, thank you! And that ball of yarn - well - that is so stunningly bright and happy, wouldn't a scarf worked in that be a wonderful addition to a winter outfit! Happy days to you, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shawl!!
    Flowers fantastic!
    Greetings...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You started with your gorgeous shawl, and ended with gorgeous flowers - what could be better? Congrats on a full year, Elisabeth - here's to many, MANY more posts! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Qué chal tan bonito, es precioso y se ve que el hilo es muy fino y delicado.
    Y las imágenes de las fotos son una maravilla.
    Besos y enhorabuena por el cumple del blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shawl Elizabeth, it will make a really lovely Christmas present. That bright and colourful yarn will make something beautiful, can't wait to see what you're going to do with it. Does this mean your actually English and not spanish??? Happy bloggiversary to you, wow one year!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely shawl, Elizy!! Your parents have beautiful flowers in garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful shawl Elisabeth and what fantastic yarn - love the shine and the vibrant colours!
    Bonfire night was quite chilly here in the Midlands - but today has been really grey, wet and miserable - not a day to miss home!!
    Happy Bloggy birthday!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous shawl and a beautiful soft color.
    Happy blog anniversary:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your shawls are absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad to have found you at Crochet Awesomeness Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. çok güzel olmuş ellerinize sağlık :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...