Friday, February 14, 2014

Love

Happy Valentine’s day!
 
There is a lot of love and a lot of hearts around blogland today.
 
And I'm going to add to that:
 
 
 
To celebrate today I've made a crochet heart brooch <3
 
 
 
I made it with Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread size 10 and a 1.5mm hook.
 
It's just 3 hearts, joined together and I sewed a clasp onto the back to be able to wear it.
 
~
 
And here's a little peak at some yarn I'm working with at the moment.
 
 
It's colourmart Scarlet Silk DK yarn.
 
The colour of it fits perfectly with today and all the beautiful red hearts and roses that are everywhere.
 
I'm making a beaded shawl with it. Do you like to use beads with your crochet? I've started using them fairly recently but I'm quickly getting used to them. But now when I make something without beads now I look at it and think 'It would have been prettier with some beads' :)
 
~
 
I wish you all a very happy today and I hope you spend it with the ones you love <3
 
xx

18 comments:

  1. That is a nice idea to make a brooch of hearts:)
    You have made me curious and I'm looking forward to your new shawl with beads.
    Happy day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea!!
    Happy day,happy weekend!:*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elizabeth
    Great idea .......look good on a green sweater,jacket or shawl ....come to that a great many other colours too. I like to use beads too ....it gives a make that something extra.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A heart within a heart - you always make me smile! How do you get those beads on that tiny thread? The old fashioned way, by hand? Your patience and eyesight are far better than mine, girl! Happy Valentine's Day, Elisabeth...XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your hearts are so pretty!
    Very nicke idea!
    Greetings and a nice Valentine s Day
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Sweet idea Elizy!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hearts brooch is very cute! ♥ Nice idea. I'm looking forward to your new shawl, the red is wonderful! I have used beads for my crochet or knitting only rarely up to now, but I like them very much, maybe I will improve that skill, too ;-). Happy Valentine's Day!
    Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your brooch is really clever and original, love the way you made it.I also have never used beads with crochet, I suppose once you try it It looks addictive

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your brooch is very sweet and your new yarn looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your brooch is lovely, hope that you enjoyed wearing it today! Happy Valentines Day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy valentines gorgeous girl. Loving your sweet hearts and looking forward to see your beaded shawl, I have never used it for crocheting. Enjoy your weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh-so-sweet little hearts! Happy belated Valentine's day and have a lovely weekend,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely...
    Have a cozy weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Un broche muy bonito y original.
    Bss.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A sweet post ...full of love! A belated Happy V-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, such a cute little heart brooch Elisabeth and your new yarn is gorgeous too! I have never used beads in my work but hope to one day give them a try - something else waiting in the background to challenge me!
    I hope your week is filled with good things lovely! Hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are adorable I am a bit late getting by.
    Hope you had a wonderful Valentines day.
    I look forward to seeing your beaded shawl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...