Friday, July 11, 2014

A doily and some crafty things

My latest project is a tulip doily:
 
 
 
I hadn't made a doily in a while and really wanted to make another one, they are addictive! I made it with some left over 4 ply / sock yarn.
 
 
I don't know where I'm going to put this one, so in the mean time it's sitting on one of my yarn baskets:
 
 
 
 
Do you remember my yarn basket project?
 
 
This doily is a really pretty pattern. It is simple but the effect is so lovely:
 
 
 
 
The pattern can downloaded free from the Coats website. It's the German version of the website and the pattern is in German but it's charted so is universal if you can read symbols. That's one of the reasons why I love charted crochet so much, it's totally international!  
 
 
~
 
 
Now here are a couple of shots of things I bought in Munich

 
 
 
I saw this button while I was at the register paying for some yarn. There was a Little plate of buttons and I have a thing for buttons so I had a closer look and saw what was written on it. Isn't it cute? I'm saving it for a special project and I'll sew it on.
 
 
I also bought this:
 
 
 
 
A knooking needle.
 

 
 
It's like a huge sewing needle with a crochet hook head. I've been wanting to try knooking for a while now, so when I saw this wooden hook/needle I bought it straight away! Have you ever tried knooking?


 ~

 
And finally here is one of my current wips:


 
 
I took it with me on our trip thinking I'd finish it sitting out on the balcony after a day of sightseeing.
 
You can see how far I progressed, I only crocheted on one afternoon the whole week we were in Germany!
 
It's going to be a summer top. The yarn is 100% cotton and I'm really looking forward to finishing it and wearing it now it's really hot here in Madrid.
 
~
 
Have a wonderful weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Very beautiful doily!!
    Happy weekend,greeting.:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning doily. I really loved the button, a great find. The yarn used in your current project is beautiful.
    I have never heard of knooking... what is it????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that doily, beautiful color and pattern. And that button is the best.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doily is stunning! And I love the colour for your top, looking forward to seeing it progress! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the doily so pretty and delicate :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done a lovely job with the doily Elisabeth, and your others' look so good on the painted baskets that I think a similar situation would be ideal for this one too? I love your button, how sweet that is and, I have never heard of knooking either, but the 'hook' looks very interesting: so now I think you will have to tell us more ….. :) Your top is going to be so pretty in that gorgeous peachy shade, enjoy the making, xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im Liking your tulip doily so pretty.I see you have started another project looks like the beginning of some thing gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely doily !!!! Lovely color !!! I see you are busy....
    Have a great weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely doily, lovely color !!!!! I see you are busy....
    Have a great weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly have a great talent for crocheting which you show in your work......xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your button! The doily is beautiful too, I didn't realise in the first picture that it was so large, but it is amazing!! It must have been so much work to make, but it looks lovely and I like that you didn't make it in a traditional white or cream! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new doily and have missed seeing your posts!! Hope you are keeping well. Sending you much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning doily, so pretty and delicate.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely doily!! I have heard knooking for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your doily is so pretty and love the colour! A knooking needle, that's very interesting. That's new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. molto bello questo centrino... ciao alla prossima ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo...Iove your new doily. I've seen other tulip patterns for doilies, but I've never made one. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...