Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pretty little things

It's been really hot in Madrid recently. REALLY hot. 40ºC or 103ºF. So hot, even the flowers close up and shy away from the sun and heat:
 

 
 
These flowers are so pretty normally. I keep trying to get a photo of them to show how pretty they are. Half of the flowers are a deep purple and the other half are a mix of yellow and red flowers. I'll share a photo with you all when I can :)
 
 
When it gets this hot, our diet switches to salads and cold dishes:
 

 
 
 
I have been making cakes though...but I've not been baking...
 

 
 
I've been busy making yarn cakes! These are the best kind of cakes that exist :)
 
 
When they are wound you can really appreciate the different colors in a skein of yarn.
 
 
 
 
I think that yarn often looks even prettier when wound like this.
 
 
~
 
 
Carrying on with yarn news, I had a delivery arrive today:
 
 
 
 
I've been waiting every morning this week in case it arrived. It's like being a kid on Christmas morning again when I wait for a yarn delivery. Do you feel the same when you're waiting for a crafting package to arrive? Some women get like that over shoes and things, but for me it's only with yarn :)
 
 
Aren't these summery tones:

 
 
I've got something special planned for this yarn but I need to finish off some wips first. I'm trying very hard to have a maximum of 5 wips at any one time at the moment.
 
 
 
In this order were 4 skeins of Caron Simply Soft:


 
 
Oh yes! Caron know how to make big balls :)
 
 
~

 
My birthday is in April. I can't believe three months have flown by since I got given this beautiful gift by my husband:
 

 
 
I've tried to get a really sharp photo but I hope this is enough for you to see what it is.
 
It's a crochet hook charm necklace!
 
I love this necklace. I love wearing a hook - it's nearly as much fun as holding one :) It's so nice to have a piece of jewelry that feels unique to me. I've had people ask about it and when I tell them it's a great conversation starter.
 
Do you like to wear jewelry? Do you have any craft related pieces? Do you make your own jewelry?
 
 
~
 
 
I've joined twitter this week too. You can find me there: @ElizyArtCrochet 
 
I sent my first ever tweet this morning. If you have a twitter account, let me know your name and I'll drop by and say hi :)
 
 
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
 
xx
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Oh Elisabeth, that is hot weather, wilting weather, and yes, isn't it nice to be able to eat salads and such like at these times!
    I am really loving all your gorgeous new yarns and I also get so excited when waiting for a yarn delivery - or craft books :). Your necklace is beautiful, such a thoughtful caring gift for your hubby to give you.
    I don't tweet and, although I have a Facebook account, I do very little with it, but I must thank you for encouraging me to finally post a few pics onto my Instagram account - it was lovely to see you there, thank you!
    Enjoy the rest of your week lovely, xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it is! Hot I mean. I remember going to Madrid in July/Aug and struggling with the heat. Love the pinks and oranges of your yarn. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Far to hot where you are im struggling with 27 degrees ! I love the jewellery your husband brought you. I do like charm bracelets and minature things x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the yarn is gorgeous! love the necklace too! I make harmonica necklaces to sell in my etsy store but I love wearing them, great conversation starter as well! Sorry so hot there, 109 here most days, but that is normal for Las Vegas summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely colours of yarn!! Love your necklace too, what a wonderful personal gift from your husband. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting yarn in the mail, it's soo exciting!! I love the colours you chose, lovely strong bright clear colours. I look forward to seeing what you make with him. We have had equally hot weather here too, my poor flowers have had enough! Your husband is a sweetie, your necklace is very nice. Have a happy day Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is hot no wonder the flowers are hiding away. I also love a yearn cake and yarn in general your new order is a delight. Your crochet hook jewellery is stunning, what a thoughtful gift. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth, I love all the yarn you bought such a summery array of colours !! very cheerful and very you ...the pinks and purples. Every time I see purples and pinks yarns I think: Elizabeth would love this. . .

    Love your hook charm !! and I have never seen them in any shops !!

    It has certainly been hot in Madrid, but I was lucky to be able to escape to France last week (we had 30 degrees over there too but it was more bearable than 40) and I'm lucky to escape to my parents country home in a village in Guadalajara every evening. And I'm like you, I do get the same excitement when I receive any craft packages even more if it is yarn, even if it is not for me but stock for my little shop, I still get it :-)

    have a lovely rest of summer and look forward to seeing what you have planned for those lovely yarns.
    xEva

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness that is hot! I love all of your lovely yarn and that hook is a beautiful gift. Stay cool.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have those flowers ( I don't know their name) in pink and white too !
    Your yarns are fantastic !!!!
    And the little hook...sweet...
    Have a cool day ;)
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Muskat tones are indeed so pretty and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So bright and lovely colorful yarns! Looking forward to see what you are going to make.
    Those are the best diet cakes:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh, so wonderful yarn! It's the same to me, waiting for and getting such packages is like Christmas. I really do not care about shoes, only yarn makes me crazy :o). About jewely, I like wearing it too. Sometimes I produce it myself as well, but I don't have so much material for that, unfortunately. Have to set priorities ;-). Greetings & happy Sunday!
    Nata

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I came here to you blog from Instagram...
    I like to crochet though I don't have many photos of my work. I think your yarn is beautiful. The flowers at the top, look like Four o'Clocks! I have some in my front yard...
    The necklace your husband gifted you is pretty too.
    nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...