Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Catching up

The post is all about catching up. I've been up to a few things these last two weeks and I'm looking forward to sharing them with you here now.
 
 
~
 
 
I made another Hearts Desire Doily. This pattern is so cute and so easy to do. It's really fast and the final outcome can be really different depending on the yarn you use.


 
 
I made this one with size 6 cotton and a 1.75mm hook and it measures 12 cm / 4.75". I've made one before with a DK yarn and that was nearly twice as big.
 
 
 
 
These tags are fabric. Isn't the wording on them nice? Handmade with love, so true for a crochet item, don't you think? :)
 
 
~
 
 
I drew a winner for the instagram giveaway I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. It was won by the lovely Joy from joyjinkscreations.blogspot.com and this shawl is on its way to her right now:
 

 
 
~
 
 
I've started a Facebook page for my crochet
 
 
 
 
If you want to stop by, that would be wonderful :) The address is: facebook.com/ElizyArtCrochet
 
 
~
 
 
My All at Sea shawl has been translated into German and is now available in Simply Hakeln magazine under the name Meeresrauschen :)
 



~
 
 
I have started a huge WIP. That is a 15mm hook which is the biggest one I own.
 
 
 
 
What's the biggest hook you've used? What is your favourite size hook? I love my 4, 4.5 and 5 mm hooks the best. This 15mm is hard work after a while. I think it's even more difficult to use than the tiny 1.75mm I used for the doily.
 
 
~
 
 
I started another WIP with this amazing yarn:
 
 
 
 
Here it was to begin with:


 
 
A few days later:
 

 
 
A day later:
 
 
 
 
And then finally I finished the first part:


 
 
One sock down, one more to go!
 
 
~
 
 
On the subject of amazing yarn, what do you think of this:


 
 
I liked the look of the skein but when I opened it up to wind it I fell in love. Look at those colours! It's Ella Rae Lace Merino.
 
It is now a bright yarn cake waiting to be crocheted into something :)
 

 
 
~
 
 
And finally today, here is a little sewing project from the end of September:
 
 
 
 
I had a couple of fat quarter packs that I wanted to use for a quick and easy project.
 
I made a little tote bag:
 
 
 
 
Which quickly became a yarn bag
 

 
 
~
 
I'll be visiting your blogs over the next few days to catch up with all your crafty work from the last couple of weeks.
 
Have a wonderful day everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Some great projects, my favourite size hook is a 4.5mm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tote bag is so sweet. I love the fabric. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you crochet work and sewing. It's useful to have a yarn bag! You have such beautifully colourful yard to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are beautiful, congratulations to Joy for winning the lovely shawl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations!!!
    Have a nice evening.:*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect makes. I always love your yarn choices. I hope Joy enjoys her scarf, I haven't seen her around in blogland for a while so I hope she is OK. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the doilly it is gorgeous and the socks look so cosy. You've certainly been very busy. P x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely creations !! I liked the sock the most :) your tote bag is cute !
    I like 2.5 and 2.75 mm hooks the most because they are comfortable to work with Anchor knitting cotton. My palm pains even with 4mm hook, I have larger hooks too but I don't have the chunkiest yarn to use . I had bought the entire hook range from Pony needles here in
    India, just in case, you know how crazy we crocheters are :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooohh so many things !! and beautiful creations and makes !! I also have a project with a big hook, n°20 ..... !!!! see you soon and have a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Elisabeth! Thanks for finding my blog and leaving a comment!!! :)
    I love your crochet makes and I can see you also enjoy using the variegated yarns as much as I do!
    All your makes are great, I adore the little doily at the top (and I don't consider myself a doily person!), it's just so cute with the little hearts! :)

    Like you I also sewed myself a bag and I tend to take it with me on a daily basis, because my current projects travel with me, wherever I go!

    I love using different hooks, too! It is amazing what difference it can make with the same pattern.

    Have a nice week!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy woman !!! With lovely creations !!!!
    Have a nice day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your projects are amazing... I loved each and every bit of this post... 4 mm hook is the one I use the most and love the most...

    Hugs,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I swear I do not know what to comment on first, you have been so busy and everything is amazing. Joy is going to LOVE that shawl. Congrats on your pattern.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...