Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Candle Doily

I ordered some festive Yankee Candles online a couple of weeks ago and before they arrived I wanted to make a mini doily to put under them when they are alight; this is what I made:
 
 
 
I used size 6 cotton thread and a 1.75 mm hook.
 
 
 
I love these candles and we've bought 3 festive ones: Christmas Eve, Snow in Love and Christmas Cookie. Our home is starting to feel really festive already! They are in huge glass jars and weigh 22 oz / 623 grams so I think they'll get us through the season ;)
 
 
The pattern was from a magazine and was for a much bigger doily:


 
 
I love the pattern but I like my smaller, coaster sized version too!
 
 
~
 
And the winners of my pattern giveaway were comments number 2 and 7. Congratulations to Brenda and Meredith! If you can let me know your email and if you prefer US or UK terminology and I'll send your copy to you right away!

 
~
 
Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!
 

16 comments:

  1. Another work of art. You are so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and perfect for your candle. P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such teeny tiny stitches - beautiful. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such beautiful intricate fine work!! I bet your candles smell fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely and looks great with your candle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty ......it's like a snowflake for your candles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely doily !!!!!
    Have a great day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to to the lucky winners! Love the doilies so pretty. I always get a festive yankee candle too nothing better to get you into the Christmas spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the wonderfully lucky winners! I always put a doily under my candles too. I love them that way. I have a Yankee candle pumpkin spice burning right now.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Meredith! I know she will be whipping that scarf up in no time. :) Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty doily, it looks perfect under the candle. I love filling the house with seasonal 'scent' - candles or incense :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic ♥. I love such little doilies, good idea to take only the middle of that pattern :-). Have a nice season! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...