Friday, November 21, 2014

Ripple Blanket Reveal

I started a ripple blanket this summer, yesterday I finished it and today I can show you some photos:
 
 

 
I used the Neat Ripple Pattern by Attic 24 for this blanket. You can find the pattern on her blog: http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/neat-ripple-pattern.html
 
 
In the original pattern the ripple are just two rows thick. I tried that:
 
 
 
 
and in the colours I was using I decided they needed to be thicker to get the effect I wanted so I ended up doing 6 rows before changing colour:
 
 
 
Now, this wasn’t the first time I’ve used a ripple pattern but this is my favourite one so far because the stitches are close-knit, or should I say close-crochet? :), and I really wanted a solid blanket with no open stitches. You can easily adapt the pattern to any size you want and change the thickness of the ripples like I did to get a project you’re really happy with.
 

 
Now for some maths….there are 140 double crochet per row, each ripple is 6 rows wide making a total 840 stitches in each ripple stripe. There are a total of 15 stripes so that makes a grand total of 12600 stitches! Twelve thousand, six hundred stitches!! That is a LOT of crochet! I loved making this blanket though, the pattern is so simple and it was the perfect project to work on when I was watching tv and wasn’t paying much attention to my crochet project. In the beginning before it got really big I even took it with me and worked on it outside of the house
 

 
In total I used 6 skeins of Caron Simply soft, 2 of each of the colours: white, soft pink and neon pink. This yarn has quickly become one of my favourites to work with. I’ve used 11 skeins of it so far and I’ve not found a single break or snag in any of them and the colours are amazing. It’s 100% acrylic but it’s really soft and doesn’t hurt my hands at all.
 
 

 
I’ve made this one for me for when I’m working at my desk. I get so cold when I’m sitting still; it’s 21ºc right now in my house and I have two pairs of socks on and my feet are still cold! So, this blanket is for me to snuggle under when I’m working on computer.
 

 
I have a little yarn left over, there wasn’t enough to get another ripple of each colour but there is enough to make a cushion so my next project is going to be a cushion to go with my new blanket. I’m trying really hard to reduce my WIP mountain before the end of the year and not start new projects but I’m going to make an exception for the cushion :)
 

 
I hope you’ve all had a wonderful week and have a happy, crafty weekend!

32 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Elisabeth. I adore the hot and pale pink combo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blanket!!!
    Happy weekend.:*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pattern link. It is so well written and photographed. I like the colours you chose. Sometimes we deserve to treat ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! And I really LOVE the colors!!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this ripple pattern from Lucy. It's my favorite one as well. You did a great job on this blanket and the colors are very vibrant :)

    Birgitta xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow!! you are so clever to adapt the pattern to your taste Wendy… this has come out SO beautifully !!!
    Love the stitch and the fab ripple pattern… looks lovely and warm too! :-))
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!
    Big Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so beautiful!!! very great work !! great combination of colors. Have a lovely week end !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really pretty.... I must look out for the yarn because it seems to have made up really well. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely crochet blanket!! I love the Colours you chose and I am sure it will keep you super warm! That's a lot of crochet stitches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful blanket. The colors are so pretty and I, too, love to use Caon Simply Soft for the same reasons you said.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colors, beautiful blanket !!!!
    Have a great weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blanket looks so good.. Even I've made one ripple blanket using the same pattern. Love the color combo you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blanket, such pretty colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blanket is so pretty!! I have some of this yarn, but haven't used it yet, so I am glad to know that it is so great to work with!! I hope that you stay warm and snuggly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's lovely Elisabeth - and really interesting to see the wider rows. Well done x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never rippled (unless belly dancing) but this looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its beautiful and so bright and cheery to warm you on a cold winters day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bonita manta con esos colores, es un punto que se hace muy rápido y el resultado es maravilloso.
    Yo lo tengo en bolso para la playa y en una manta de cuna.......
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a very beautiful blanket and will also be very useful for you. I like the broader stripes too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The blanket is fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Elisabeth!
    I like your ripple blanket and how you made the stripes wider. You crochet very evenly, it looks pretty and neat! :)
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, I love your craft, is beauty, I love a colors, I follow your blog, I have a blog about crochet, visit me , hugs from Brazil.
    Visit my blog - Tita Carré - free patterns crochet

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Elizabeth, I just got fought up with your posts and love all of them but your blanket is absolutely gorgeous. I also am doing a ripple in the colors of the rainbow but I really prefer the wide stripes like yours. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty and a yummy color combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hola Elizy que hermosa manta! cuanto trabajo!! me encanto la combinación de colores!!
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful blanket, Elizy!
    I wish you a very Merry Christmas!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely blog, i saw you thrue other blogger, will love to visit here more..Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  28. As stunning as what I saw on Instagram. Absolutely beautiful, but then again I am partial to pink and glad you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Olá

    Adorei a manta, ficou perfeita, as cores são maravilhosas.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bellisima manta, hermosos colores, que buen trabajo felicitaciones Elizy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. "As the New Year is fresh in mind, the dominant question in mind of everyone is, “How will you make 2015 a great year?”
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    _________________
    Buy Archeage Gold
    RS3 Gold
    RS Gold

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...