Thursday, June 4, 2015

Silk, Sophie and the Shawl Swap

Today I’d like to share some photos of a silk doily a made a few weeks back.
Shawls and doilies are two of my favourite things to crochet and it had been a while since I made a doily so I used some left over 4ply Colourmart silk I had in my stash to make this:
 
 
 
The pattern is from a vintage magazine and I have the feeling I'll be making another one following the same pattern in the near future!
 
 
 
 
Do you like to make crochet doilies? Where do you keep them and what do you use them for?
 
 
  ~
 
If you follow me on Instagram you’ll have seen that I am taking part in the Sophie’s Universe CAL.


 
 
The Sophie pattern is such a beauty and I really recommend it to anyone who wants to try out some new crochet stitches. You can find out more at http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/sophies-universe-cal-2015/sophies-universe-cal-2015-information/



 
 
~
 
Now for a little reminder about the shawl swap I’m organising :)
 
 


There are 23 people officially signed up so far for the Summer Shawl Swap 2015 so far. If you’re interested, please look at this post :) Everyone is welcome to take part!
 
Have a lovely weekend!
 
 

14 comments:

  1. I don't make doilies, but I do make mandalas. Your doily is beautiful, so intricate and detailed. It reminds me a sunflower! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doily is amazing, such fine work. I don't crochet anything as delicate as this. I think my work is definitely on the clunky side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful intricate pattern and I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making doilies. I give them as gifts and have them all over my house. I've made several tablecloths too.

    Yours is stunning in red.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doily is gorgeous. You do such amazing work.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a stunning doily. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. es precioso!!! un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful doily!! :)
    I have started cross stitch kitty litter project. Are you planning to stitch?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always beautiful creations !!!!
    Have a sunny weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful doily! ♥ Such a nice pattern and color, great job. I love making doilies, too, but I don't like blocking ;-). Some doilies I make for our home and some as gifts. The color you've chosen for Sophie is beautiful, the start looks promising :-). Have a nice evening! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The doillie and CAL are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Elisabeth, Your dolily iw wonderful, it looks spectacular with the silk yarn!!!

    Have a nice creative week!!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...