Friday, July 21, 2017

Mandala Love

Today I wanted to share some photos of one of my favourite projects ever! My Mandala Shawl:


 
Now I love mandalas, I find them to be really relaxing to make and I enjoy using changing yarn on each round and using lots of different colours. And as you know, I love shawls so when I got to combine the two, it quickly became one of my favourite projects :)

 


When I designed this shawl I chose to use Drops Baby Merino yarn – I love this yarn and it comes in 40 colours so you can choose your favourite colours to use for the pattern!



You can see more photos on the design page:



 



I love seeing different versions of the shawl made by crocheters around the world.
Some people have made it and used it as a shawl, a blanket, a throw, a table centre, a doily and Lucy from Attic 24 made a Mandala hoop display using the pattern:
 
Credit for this photo goes to Lucy at attic24.typepad.com

Please go and check out the blog post she made about making this mandala because it has some wonderful tips on how to attach it to a hoop so it can be used as a wall hanging!  Click here to visit Lucy's blog!
The pattern was first published in a special edition of Simply Crochet Edits and actually made the front cover:
 

 
 
 
The pattern is available for download via Ravelry :
 
Do you have an item that you love to crochet? What is your favourite project?
 
Happy Friday everyone and I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
 

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous mandala shawl you've made! Love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous !!!!
    Have shinny weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love mandals:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful,congratulations,greetings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...